[IMC] Twice the impact for change

Shan Cretin, AFSC actioncenter at afsc.org
Mon Nov 23 10:23:43 EST 2015

American Friends Service Committee

The Change Maker Matching Gift Challenge

DOUBLE YOUR GIFT:

https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50601/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=12426&tag=201511CMEmail3A&lgacf=0.00

=========================

Dear Friend,

I'm sure you agree with me that the world needs change makers more than ever. With vast sums of money being spent on war, prisons more focused on profits than justice, and disadvantaged youth frustrated by bleak futures, it has never been more important to support those special people -- young and old -- who work tirelessly for peace, justice, and equality.

Please support courageous, selfless change makers by making a generous, tax-deductible donation today to AFSC's Change Maker Matching Gift Challenge. Your gift today will be doubled. Click here: https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50601/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=12426&tag=201511CMEmail3A&lgacf=0.00

Nawal, the daughter of a Palestinian father and an American mother, grew up in Wichita, Kansas. After graduating college with a degree in international studies, she moved to Chicago, Illinois, where she works today as an AFSC Middle East Program Fellow for the Boycott! The Art of Economic Activism exhibition, sponsored by AFSC, which features 58 posters from more than 20 history-making boycotts dating from the 1950s.

Friend, DOUBLE YOUR GIFT:
https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50601/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=12426&tag=201511CMEmail3A&lgacf=0.00

Nawal has also been active in creating a new social-justice campaign called No Way to Treat a Child whose mission is to call attention to the hundreds of Palestinian children -- most of them accused of throwing stones -- who are prosecuted and detained by the Israeli army each year. From the moment of arrest, the children encounter ill-treatment and, in some cases, torture at the hands of Israeli soldiers, police, and interrogators, as has been documented by UNICEF and Defense for Children International - Palestine, among others.

"I believe we are a global community and family," Nawal says, "and it is my responsibility to ensure that those in need are given equal opportunities."

You can support inspiring change makers like Nawal and the children she helps with your donation to the Matching Gift Challenge. We would be especially grateful to receive your gift before our goal date of November 30. Click here: https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50601/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=12426&tag=201511CMEmail3A&lgacf=0.00

Sincerely,

Shan Cretin
General Secretary
American Friends Service Committee