[Imcamericorps] Re: U of I Media & Cinema Studies interns!

Stephen Fonzo fonzo.stephen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 14:38:25 CST 2009

To that list (which is very good), I would add local IMC video and/or radio
news.  I think that if Production or WRFU could have interns to coordinate
local independent media coverage, that would add some a/v to the great work
already being done by the Public i.  Local citizen journalism and engagement
have a lot of potential, especially if younger people get involved and see
it as a growing experience for themselves as well as C-U.  This appears to
be covered by Nicole's attached document, but you may wish to discuss this
and your other ideas with the academic program coordinator just to give them
more information.  I am setting up some internships of a different sort out
here in Virginia (history, research, and public interpretation), and I've
found that both students and departmental staff need a decent amount of
detail in order to validate academic credits and create course listings.

It's so good to read about these positive developments - I miss Illinois and
wish you all the best!

-Stephen