[Imcamericorps] a thought

Katherine Lieder klieder at patchadams.org
Tue Jan 5 15:35:05 CST 2010

Dearest Meme--

A few of us were talking today about our winter break experiences, and it
inspired me to propose something to you.  I worked through the second half
of my winter break out on the Gesundheit Land in West Virginia and one of
the things I was struck by was the way in which we worked together as a
community to do chores.  It sounds so simple, but it really brought us
together in caring about each other, made chores enjoyable, and made us feel
invested in the space.  So, I would like to propose that we take an hour a
week and use it to clean, organize, and even decorate a room.  We could do a
different room every week.  Would that be at all helpful to you or will it
just create more things for you to deal with?  I was thinking we could do it
on Friday at 11, right before Americorps lunch.  I am happy to help with
planning and making sure that this happens, but I know you'd end up with a
lot of the responsibility, so let me know.

lovelove,
Kat