[Imcamericorps] MLK project to-do and such

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 22:12:28 CST 2010

Hi from Ecuador.  Limited time & internet connectivity will not stop
me from telling you all how much I miss you (LOTS) even while
everything here (clowning, SDaSing) is going fantastically.

I have one missing piece to the MLK-day puzzle:

We need to coordinate going into MLK music classes to do instrument
building workshops.  Cara Maurizi is the music teacher who sounded
interested in coordinating with us, she was talking about 2nd or 3rd
graders at 2 times Tuesday morning.  Does anyone want to help me with
this, at least until I'm back in the country?  Her email is
cmaurizi at usd116.org.

Superfuntimes,
Jacob

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:56 PM, Carly Nix <nix.carly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Today at the AmeriCorps catch-up meeting we discussed the status of the MLK Project.  Here's what we discussed:
>
> Jacob sent out over break about what our MLK Service Project is (hint: peace, band); we should all read it again to refresh our memories and get a sense of what needs to happen next.
>
> Also, the art supplies drive is a go.  We are putting up an event on the IMC website, writing a press release, collecting boxes to put around town (decorated with little hand prints), and contacting the King School about sending out a letter for kids to take home to their families.  (Brian and Katy are working on the press release and letter, I'm working on setting up the drop boxes at art supply stores and with Books to Prisoners drop sites.)
>
> Anyone else want to add anything?
>
> -Carly
>

> --

> nix.carly at gmail.com