[Imcamericorps] skillshares 7/10

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 00:25:51 CDT 2010

I feel that the skillshare events and even certain skillshares should be
consistent events at the IMC. Something like once a month or even every
other weekend.

Every spoke and every AmeriCorps member should be familiar with the
consensus decision-making process. This skillshare should be available
at almost every skillshare event. Barb and Bob won't be available to do
this most weekends so other members of the IMC should be capable of
presenting the skillshare.

Few people in the community, most new members and many older members of
the IMC are not familiar with consensus (myself included). In order for
any semblance of democracy to exist within groups like steering, EVERY
member needs to understand and practice how the process works.

If there's no conflict with mine, I'll be attending the consensus
skillshare and taking notes :)

Brian

On 6/22/10 6:10 PM, Carly Nix wrote:
> Okay, I asked Barbara.
>
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Nicole Pion <nicole.pion at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Barbara Kessel does an AWESOME job of consensus for BTP.  She and I were
>> just talking about it the other day.  If she has the time to do that for us,
>> it would be awesome.
>> My 2 cents,
>> Nicole
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Carly Nix <nix.carly at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I asked Bob about leading on consensus.  We could also get Barbara or
>>> anyone else in on that.  I've got you down for basic PC
>>> troubleshooting! :)
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Brian Duggan <bcdugga at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Making decisions by consensus
>
> Who can do this one? I would like to ask Barbara Kessel or Bob Illyes.
> Any ideas for who else can do it?
>
> 2. Basic PC Troubleshooting

believed to be clean.

--