[Imcamericorps] Proposal on Building Security

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 4 15:11:21 CDT 2011

I did not attend the last Steering meeting where concerns about security
were raised and a proposal was made that failed to find support to
implement it.

Since then, I've spent hours working with BtP and The Bike Project, as
well as trying to get a caucus discussion going to bring a
broadly-supported proposal on building security to the next Steering
meeting this Thursday.

Since then, recent city inspections indicate that we likely can't lock
the basement doors 24/7, whether or not that was ever a simple, viable
solution to this problem.

Last week, I issued a call to those whose building security concerns
caused them to make the ill-fated proposal at the last Steering meeting
to meet with me as we try to come up with a solution to these concerns.

I've not heard back or met with those who have raised the original
concerns/proposal. It's possible this could still take place before
Thursday's meeting. If such a meeting doesn't happen, _I intend to
propose that a date be set to meet in caucus to try to come up with a
proposal that will enjoy the broad support needed to implement it
effectively. _

This doesn't preclude another proposal from being made, but unless there
is a proposal then that all can consense to, extended discussion at
Steering in itself Thursday is just as likely to end up with the same
inconclusive result as the last Steering meeting.
Mike Lehman