[Imcamericorps] 2010-2011 AmeriCorps End-of-Celebration

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 16:06:54 CDT 2011

Peace and Blessings,

Please join us at 5:30 pm on Friday, August 5th to celebrate the
contributions of our 2010-2011 AmeriCorps Members. Any volunteers,
supporters, spouses, and kids welcome. Please help by making your favorite
food dish to share with others.  Help us thank four out-going AmeriCorps
members for their dedication and service at the UC-IMC and it's partner
organization.

Help me thank Kristina Hope, Kristina Williams, Samantha Copeland and Aaron
Johnson-Ortiz for a total to-date service of 6, 529 hours of service.  Their
work has enhanced the mission of the University YMCA to be expanded, the
Community Center for the Arts to have an exceptional year, the Public I
Newspaper/WRFU to revise their website, and expand their audience; and
Books-to-Prisoners to continue their work of literacy for all.  We are truly
encouraged by their willingness to serve.  Finally, their 6,529 hours at
minimum wage would have cost all of the projects involved about $55,496.50.
We are truly blessed to have had their service and commitment for the past
year.  Thank you all.

I hope that you will join us in celebration and recognition.

Carol A.

--
Carol Ammons-Program Director
Americorps/UCIMC