[Imcamericorps] Friday 5PM - Community Issues Theater Lab - University YMCA

Aaron Johnson-Ortiz aajohnsonortiz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:25:55 CST 2011

Dear Friends,
While ACT LAB is now full and not accepting new applicants, the new
"Community Issues Theater Lab" is open to the public on a drop-in basis
(pre-registeration is recommended).  The first session is this Friday, March
11, at 5PM at the Y.  There will also be Friday sessions on March 25, April
1, 8, and 29.

Please forward to interested students and community members.  Email me (
aaron at universityymca.org) or Beth Simpson, the workshop leader, at
ezb at creativeintervention.org, with any questions.

Thank you,
--aaron

*Community Issues Theatre Lab
(In Collaboration with ACT LAB)
Spring 2011 at the University YMCA*

Explore community issues through theater! In collaboration with the YMCA's
ACT LAB (Activist Laboratory) program, elizaBeth Simpson of the Creative
Intervention Agency is offering open, drop-in workshops incorporating
Theatre of the Oppressed, Playback Theatre, and other techniques. Expect to
enjoy a unique way to learn about yourself and the social world! All are
welcome to participate in these sessions- no theater experience is
necessary. We will use prompted, improvisational movement and sound to
explore weekly themes related to the experience and interest of the
participants. While the workshops are free, space is limited. Contact
ezb at creativeintervention.org or 217-487-1041 for more information or to
reserve your place.

March 11, 25, April 1, 8, 29

5-7pm

Free ($5-10 donation welcome but not required)

University YMCA Rm. K-1