[Imcamericorps] windows again.

leon mcgee leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com
Mon May 2 09:38:03 CDT 2011

Good morning all.

Post office lady came to me this morning saying that the window in the
bathroom on the main floor was wide open.

I have raised this concern several times over the past few weeks, seemingly
to no avail, so this will be my final email about this security issue.

Some of you might have thought that my most recent email about the windows
was a bit over the top or it was to much. I typed it that way attempting to
express the level of seriousness that leaving the windows open can present.
As the building coordinator, I'm not sure what to do to address these
issues.  My first email was short and all it said was just to close the
windows when you're done. That approach has not been effective.  Please let
me know what the next step should be to address this issue.  I am told that
someone attempted to break into the post office area a while back, damaging
the door.

The fact that the building is not secure, needs to be addressed more
seriously by all. Since, we do not have the proper equipment to secure this
building like it should, the small things, like locking the doors, closing
the windows, go a long way. Just simply making the illusion that we keep are
building secure and that we possibly have good security can help, but even
that can not be accomplished.

Apart from us IMC folk, there is also a federal business in here. Can anyone
guess what that is? If you said Post Office, you are right. Sure they have
there stuff closed off tight, but they still rely on us to help secure them
as well.  I understand that I am only here for a short time, however, I
don't want to see something really serious happen to any of our property or
persons in the building.
Again, I apologize for any cursing or rude comments I may have typed in the
past. But do not take offense when I am trying to keep it real. I was put
here to coordinate and manage the building and I am trying my best to do
this. It makes it difficult to do my service, if no one is going to
participate when I ask of these small things.

--
Building Coordinator
Leon McGee
Leonmcgeeamericorps at gmail.com