[Livingwage] Living Wage Meeting and appearnace before the Champaign City Council

Belden Fields a-fields at uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 13 14:38:11 CST 2003

   	This is to remind people of two important events regarding the Living
Wage (by the way, did you all notice that the new governor mention the
living wage in his inaugural speech?)

	First, there will be a Living Wage Association meeting at noon, next
Saturday (the 18th), at the offices of the Illinois Eduction Association,
on Maple Street in Urbana (behind Schnuck's and above Par's Western Store).

	Second, on the following Tuesday (the 21st), at 7 pm, there will be an
attempt by citizens to convince the Champaign City Council to hold a study
session on the living wage so that it can go before the council for a
vote.  We are encouraging people, especially but not limited to, those who
live in Champaign, to appear before the council to support this
effort.  You need only state your name, address, and support for the study
session.  If people who were planning to speak before the session, could
attend the meeting on Saturday, that would be especially good.  But it is
not necessary.

	I hope to see all of you at one or both of these events.
Have a good week.
Belden Fields