[Makerspace-keymembers] Fwd: [Makerspace Urbana] Maker Space at our museum

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 14:08:26 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sarah Wolf <sarahw at discoverycentermuseum.org>
Date: Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Subject: [Makerspace Urbana] Maker Space at our museum
To: makerspaceU at gmail.com

I read with great interest the maker activities that you did with the
Normal, IL Children's museum and wondered if I can have a conversation with
someone about possibly coming to our museum sometime this fall and doing
some drop in workshops on a Saturday.  We had a build it make it exhibit
last fall and it was very popular and we are opening it again August 23
until Jan; 4.  We want to have a variety of workshops in addition to having
the space open for the public and what you did sounded just like what we
are hoping can happen here.

Sarah Wolf
Executive Director, Discovery Center Museum, Rockford, IL

--
Jeffrey Putney
Senior Software Engineer