[Makerspace-keymembers] Introducing: New IMC Communications intern

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Aug 19 07:52:09 EDT 2014

Hi Makerspace keymembers,

I wanted to introduce you to the IMC's new communications intern - Amirah
Ar-Raheem. She is responsible for helping to amplify the work of all
working groups and IMC projects as well as helping us connect to various
outreach events.

Amirah is coordinating our participation the UI Volunteer Fair
<http://union.illinois.edu/~/media/Sites/Union/Images/Feature%20Slides/OVP/OVP_VolunteerFair_web.ashx>
September 4th 10:30am-1:30pm at the Illini Union on campus. This is a
chance to help recruit new peeps!

Amirah will be coming to Makerspace Open Hours in a week - Wed, Aug 27th
around 8pm - to get to know Makerspace, recruit volunteers to help staff
the table for an hour or two, and gather materials to pass out at the fair.

We will need several hundred brochures - is that possible? Unless you have
a volunteer coming at 10:30 that day, please give Amirah anything you want
to display to represent you - Sign, 3-D printed items, stickers, photo
book, etc. She will return them safely to you!

Also, we are looking for donations from each working group for the raffle -
would Makerspace donate a TV B Gone, a 3-D print or something else cool to
the mix? If so, please give it to Amirah when she comes - and thank you!

She is cced here - feel free to ask us any questions.

take care,
Danielle