[Makerspace-keymembers] OTI/Senior Design UIUC Introduction

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 01:48:09 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,
First, thanks Jeff for making the connection between OTI and the EE
senior design class. This sounds like a cool opportunity for us as well.
Scott & Igor, nice to meet you over email.

Andy and I work together and talked briefly about these projects over
email. He's out of town this week, but we can connect next week and
determine how we can be involved in mentoring. It would be great to know
your expectations or levels of involvement. At the very least, Andy
and/or myself could be involved virtually through Skype or Google
Hangout to present about the ideas Andy described. He and I will need to
talk about ongoing mentoring over the semester and how much time
commitment we can provide. I also floated the idea to Jeff that
Makerspace Urbana folks could be a connecting point with us on this,
providing a space and mentoring locally if they have interest and capacity.

Perhaps you can give us an idea of what level of mentoring involvement
might be appropriate for us, primarily doing this over VC, perhaps
weekly or biweekly.

Andy and I will talk about time commitments on our end and we can
connect next week.

Does that sound ok?

Thanks again,
Chris Ritzo
Senior Technologist, Open technology Institute
New America Foundation