[Makerspace-keymembers] Mitch Altman is back! Lets have some fun!

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 17:21:20 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

I just spoke with Mitch Altman, who is coming to town for the next two
weeks more info
here<http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2014-01-31/ui-grad-returns-campus-encourage-hackerspaces.html>.
(Oh
yeah we also got a nice write up in the paper). I asked if he might be
interested in doing a workshop at the makerspace and he sounded very
excited about the opportunity. It sounds like maybe the weekend of the 8th
would be the best in terms of time to plan and promote, and according to
the IMC calendar the sunroom should be free(we would probably need that
much space) but I've CC him here so we can talk directly.

Also just a heads up if you would like to help with his workshops at Allen
Hall that would be great! As he mentioned on the facebook page:
"I'm again a resident at Unit One at Allen Hall. I'll be in Urbana till
15-Feb. Lots of cool workshops! And talks. Please feel free to come by!
Here's my schedule:
http://www.housing.illinois.edu/Current/Living-Learning/Allen/Guest%20in%20Residence%20Program/Mitch%20Altman%202014.aspx
I could use some help, if anyone wants to join in." - Mitch

Thoughts?

Thanks!
  Jeff

--