[Makerspace-keymembers] Mitch Altman is back! Lets have some fun!

Mitch Altman mitch at CornfieldElectronics.com
Fri Jan 31 21:41:40 UTC 2014

Yeah, I'd love to give another workshop at Makerspace Urbana!

2 years ago I gave my Arduino For Total Newbies workshop.  It's a fun one.
 $35 of parts, plus $20 for the optional communications cable.  3.5 hours.
It includes everything anyone, any age, any skill level, needs to know to
get going with Arduino and electronics (including how to solder). More
info:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/ArduinoForTotalNewbies

I could also give a Variety of Cool Kits workshop.  Lots of fun,
intriguing kits, cost $10 to $25.  All kits are designed for total
beginners to compete successfully, but cool enough for anyone.  All ages,
all skill levels.  3 hours.  More info:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/MitchWorkshops

Feel free to use this as a fund-raiser.  And to attract more cool people
to the space.

It's all kinda short notice.  But lemme know if it sounds good, and if so,
if this weekend is a possibility.

Best,
Mitch.

----------------
> Hi Everyone,
> I just spoke with Mitch Altman, who is coming to town for the next two
weeks more info
> here<http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2014-01-31/ui-grad-returns-campus-encourage-hackerspaces.html>.
(Oh
> yeah we also got a nice write up in the paper). I asked if he might be
interested in doing a workshop at the makerspace and he sounded very
excited about the opportunity. It sounds like maybe the weekend of the 8th
> would be the best in terms of time to plan and promote, and according to
the IMC calendar the sunroom should be free(we would probably need that
much space) but I've CC him here so we can talk directly.
> Also just a heads up if you would like to help with his workshops at
Allen
> Hall that would be great! As he mentioned on the facebook page:
> "I'm again a resident at Unit One at Allen Hall. I'll be in Urbana till
15-Feb. Lots of cool workshops! And talks. Please feel free to come by!
Here's my schedule:
> http://www.housing.illinois.edu/Current/Living-Learning/Allen/Guest%20in%20Residence%20Program/Mitch%20Altman%202014.aspx
I could use some help, if anyone wants to join in." - Mitch