[Makerspace-keymembers] Design Charette: Results

elizaBeth Simpson elizacorps at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:59:06 EDT 2015

Star,

Thanks so much for going, and for keeping us in the loop!

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 7:09 PM, Mashiro Ainsworth <kizzahxoxo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So the design charette was awesome.
>
> It was not at all what I know some of us expected it to be, it was a sit
> down formatted and open discussion among someone from all the groups, and
> several IMC Board members.
>
> A lot of what the IMC is doing is really wanting to improve. Improve
> everything, and improve it for everyone. Stepping everything up in the
> right direction.
>
> So there was not much discussion for us specifically, I could not respond
> to how we see ourselves in 5 years from now, other then a larger space. As
> this is a diverse group of all different ideas, it was more of a question
> suited to be asked to everyone.
>
> Danielle will be meeting with us during one of our business meetings (Not
> scheduled yet) to discuss our plans, how the IMC could be better suited for
> us as a working group, and how we can collaborate with other working
> groups, ect.
>
> For anyone who follows or followed the expansion committee, there were
> some breif updates and notes on that. The plans we were shown have been
> revised, and are much better. I'll upload a scan soon. Mostly this has to
> do with IMC future planning.
>
> Things brought up were also proper lighting outside. Better visibility to
> the outside for the building, and inside the building a directory or
> information board letting members of the community knowing about the
> working groups.
>
> Just thought I would let everyone know where we are at in this process.

elizaBeth

217-979-2820 cell

The bad news is you're falling through the air, nothing to hang on to, no
parachute. The good news is, there's no ground. - Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

learn about my latest creative initiative:
Art from the Streets!
www.ucpeopleshistory.org