[Makerspace-keymembers] Design Charette: Results

Mashiro Ainsworth kizzahxoxo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:09:33 EDT 2015

So the design charette was awesome.

It was not at all what I know some of us expected it to be, it was a sit
down formatted and open discussion among someone from all the groups, and
several IMC Board members.

A lot of what the IMC is doing is really wanting to improve. Improve
everything, and improve it for everyone. Stepping everything up in the
right direction.

So there was not much discussion for us specifically, I could not respond
to how we see ourselves in 5 years from now, other then a larger space. As
this is a diverse group of all different ideas, it was more of a question
suited to be asked to everyone.

Danielle will be meeting with us during one of our business meetings (Not
scheduled yet) to discuss our plans, how the IMC could be better suited for
us as a working group, and how we can collaborate with other working
groups, ect.

For anyone who follows or followed the expansion committee, there were some
breif updates and notes on that. The plans we were shown have been revised,
and are much better. I'll upload a scan soon. Mostly this has to do with
IMC future planning.

Things brought up were also proper lighting outside. Better visibility to
the outside for the building, and inside the building a directory or
information board letting members of the community knowing about the
working groups.

Just thought I would let everyone know where we are at in this process.