[Makerspace-keymembers] Fwd: Archaeology, Orpheum

MakerSpace Urbana makerspaceu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:18:14 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Xander Hazel <xanderhazel at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 8:48 PM
Subject: Archaeology, Orpheum
To: makerspaceu at gmail.com

Hello Maker's Space,

I am writing on behalf of the Archaeology Student Society at UIUC and
the Orpheum
Children's Science Museum <http://orpheumkids.net/> in Champaign. We have
been developing a permanent archaeology exhibit at the OCSM for several
months and we are close to reaching our fundraising goal
<https://www.gofundme.com/9pt624bq>. It was recommended to us that we reach
out to y'all to see if you would be interested in working with us on this
project. We believe that it is important to bring in as many community
members and organizations as possible. For instance, we have received
assistance or contributions from a private contractor, Mike and
Molly's, American
Legion Post 24 <http://centennial.legion.org/illinois/post24>, and the Illinois
Associate for the Advancement of Archaeology,
<http://www.museum.state.il.us/iaaa/> among others. All told, would Maker's
Space be interested in being apart of this project?
<http://www.museum.state.il.us/iaaa/>

We would be happy to have y'all join us and contribute to this project in
any capacity! Our goal is to have a grand opening by the end of May, and
there will be a strong media push prior to the opening. I've attached our
proposal for your viewing pleasure, and I look forward to continuing this
conversation.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Xander

--

*Alexander M. Hazel M.S. Student, Hanks Lab
<http://www.life.illinois.edu/hanks/hazel.html> Entomology, UIUC 320

*Office phone:  217-333-7783 <217-333-7783> *

*Cell phone: 765-720-3390 <765-720-3390> *

--

c/o UCIMC
202 S. Broadway Ave.