[OccupyCU] Tues. Feb. 7 Move to Amend Petitioning Training & Launch

Colan Holmes colanholmes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 22:39:14 CST 2012

All,

Join us Tuesday, February 7 at 7:30 in the IMC front lobby for the first Move
to Amend <http://movetoamend.org> petitioning training. We will find a
place to meet from there, and be sure to post a sign as to where we are
meeting on the IMC front desk.

Everyone who comes will be part of the petition effort's "Core" group, both
launching Occupy CU's first neighborhood focused campaign of outreach and
gaining the tools to bring others into the petition effort (and Occupy!) if
they so choose.

Chandler will 1) provide plenty of petitions, 2) lead in the development of
our door-knocking "rap" (what to say when you introduce yourself to someone
and how to best reply to their "yes"/"no"/or "what?" responses), and 3)
assist in pairing up experienced and new petitioners.

Bring a pen/pencil and your happy faces.

The goal of the petitioning is to introduce the people we meet to Occupy
(via conversation and fliers) and lead to a positive Township Referendum
vote declaring Champaign and Urbana's townships in favor of an Act or
Amendment declaring that corporations are not people, we are.

Solidarity,
Chandler