[OccupyCU] Evergreen Cooperatives - From Feasibility to Start Up-March 12

Maya Aeolian Kalmar Bauer missmayabauer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:00:01 CST 2012

Monday, March 12th 7pm-8:30 pm
at the Urbana Civic Center
Evergreen Cooperatives - From Feasibility to Start Up

Please join us for an evening of conversation focused on strengthening
our co-ops and building a cooperative economy.You’ve seen the amazing
success of Common Ground Food Co-op! You’ve heard about our local Art
Theater’s revitalization and efforts to become a co-op. Now come hear
how Cleveland’s community has taken it one step further - creating
jobs and economic strength through the Evergreen Co-operatives!

The Evergreen Cooperatives are part of a collaborative project,
managed by the Ohio Employee Ownership Center (OEOC). Roy Messing and
Jim Anderson will be representing the OEOC, sharing the experience of
taking a big idea vision, and making it a reality. The Evergreen
Cooperatives are inspiring communities all over the nation to rethink
what it means to do economic development and re-envision what it means
to be a worker in the 21st century.

This event is free and no registration is required. We hope to see you there!

Co-sponsored by the Common Ground Food Co-op and the City of Urbana!

--

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter e.e cummings