[OccupyCU] What shall ocCUpy do and meet for next? Continue as a group or not?

Theresa Scott msscott729 at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 01:01:50 UTC 2012

"Minutes" for 5-25-12:  This week’s ocCUpy GA was attended by Chris, Eleanor, Mark, Theresa and Ya'aqov.

Reports of our protest against NATO in Chicago broached a discussion on possible follow-up actions by ocCUpy: an action against the military complex (and its subsidiaries, such as Caterpillar in our Decatur back yard), as well as protests around the Clinton Landfill and Flex N’ Gate.  Urbana's jail reconstruction remains worthy of our focus.  As you know, none of these issues is resolved; nor did ocCUpy leave a dent.

Critical for our attention now is: for what should ocCUpy meet and focus on next?  Additionally, we must consider if we remain a viable and powerful agent for change both in our immediate and the larger communities.  Please consider what you think ocCUpy’s role should be.  Or if, indeed, there continues to be a need for ocCUpy.  We cannot truly be a powerful force for change when our numbers look more like the 1%.

We will meet again Friday, 6/1/12, in Room C of the Champaign Library, from 6-8 p.m. to discuss your thoughts.  At this meeting, we may decide whether to keep at it as a group or not.   Thank you for your consideration.