[OccupyCU] What shall ocCUpy do and meet for next? Continue as a group or not?

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 01:42:24 UTC 2012

I think we can write letters. For instance, we should write a letter
to the Lisa Madigan mentioning the way the county is mis-using the
quarter cent tax which was approved by voters but then the use was
changed without asking voters.

-karen medina

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Theresa Scott <msscott729 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Minutes" for 5-25-12:  This week’s ocCUpy GA was attended by Chris,
> Eleanor, Mark, Theresa and Ya'aqov.
>
> Reports of our protest against NATO in Chicago broached a discussion on
> possible follow-up actions by ocCUpy: an action against the military complex
> (and its subsidiaries, such as Caterpillar in our Decatur back yard), as
> well as protests around the Clinton Landfill and Flex N’ Gate.  Urbana's
> jail reconstruction remains worthy of our focus.  As you know, none of these
> issues is resolved; nor did ocCUpy leave a dent.
>
> Critical for our attention now is: for what should ocCUpy meet and focus on
> next?  Additionally, we must consider if we remain a viable and powerful
> agent for change both in our immediate and the larger communities.  Please
> consider what you think ocCUpy’s role should be.  Or if, indeed, there
> continues to be a need for ocCUpy.  We cannot truly be a powerful force for
> change when our numbers look more like the 1%.
>
> We will meet again Friday, 6/1/12, in Room C of the Champaign Library, from
> 6-8 p.m. to discuss your thoughts.  At this meeting, we may decide whether
> to keep at it as a group or not.   Thank you for your consideration.

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain