[OccupyCU] Fw: this Saturday's Occupy The Air

Sean Seckler seanseckler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 23:44:09 UTC 2012

Hi Carl,

This is Sean Seckler from Occupy the Air. Thanks for responding and for
your willingness to lend a hand in keeping Occupy the Air on the air and
fresh in content and opinion.

Please allow me to give you some background on the show and the current
situation I'm in with regard to hosting it on Saturdays before I get into
the help I'm looking for:

-in November of last year, Matt Murphy and I started the show in response
to the Occupy movement
-the focus was outreach to the general public to make them aware of WHY
occupy was happening
-the show was 3 hours and live, usually with some community news (when the
occupy meetings and demonstrations were going on) and about 4 or 5 topics
for discussion, including relevant clips from various sources (back when we
had 3 hours, we would often play longer clips of 30 or 45 minutes, but it
was mostly Matt and I talking about the clips)
-at this time there was a lot of discussion between Matt and I, which gave
the show it's own flavor
-we have always drawn heavily on democracy now as a source for current
events in the nation and world
-sometime in the Spring, we switched to 1 hour instead of 3, as the occupy
movement faded into the background
-we switched the focus of the show from Occupy to current events and topics
that would still interest folks from Occupy
-starting late September, Matt was too busy with work and a master's
program to continue the show
-at about the same time, I became involved in a long distance relationship,
which has me out of town about 2 weekends per month
-since then, I've prerecorded the show with an intro and a tailing audio
segment and filled most of the hour with highlights from the preceding week
of Democracy Now (or other sources)
-the show definitely has it's own new flavor, and it's probably not that
palatable

---

At this point, what I'm looking for depends on what kind of help I can
get...

-The simplest option is help on the weekends when I'm out of town. I would
give at least a week's notice to anyone interested in hosting. They would
step into the booth on Saturday from noon to 1pm and stand in as host(s) of
the show.

-The more involved option is help on the weekends when I'm in town. I would
like to do at least some live shows again. In this case, I would like to be
able to have 1 or more guests join me in studio from time to time, or
possibly on a more regular basis, to have live discussion and open call-ins.

Before we try that second option, however, I'd like to do a out-of-studio
session, and record the audio as though it were a show. That way we can
hear how the show would sound in a new format, and we could use the edited
audio for later airings.

Let me know how that strikes you.

Sean