[OccupyCU] [sf-core] Another Guantánamo prisoner death highlights Democrats' hypocrisy

Brook Celeste Lillard emailbrook at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 02:40:37 UTC 2012

I kind of hate to do this because I want to stay connected but I just can't
take the ever-growing email commentary flood anymore. It is kind of like
having neighbors who seem like they might be interesting but who yell all
day and night and I just don't want to live near them anymore.

I hope we can be in touch in more fruitful ways in the future, occupyCU.
I'm off to unsubscribe!
Brook

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM, C. G. Estabrook <cge at shout.net> wrote:

> This story is incredibly sad and infuriating in equal parts:
> http://is.gd/5PofFz  more here: http://is.gd/2vTQ7W [Glenn Greenwald]
>
> On Sep 11, 2012, at 7:40 PM, "C. G. Estabrook" <cge at shout.net> wrote:
>
> > ‎"...the system of indefinite detention from the start has been central
> to Obama's plan for these detainees. Put another way, even if Congress had
> given Obama everything he wanted, the system that means that death is the
> only way out for many detainees would have been fully preserved.
> >
> > "The excuse-making for Obama – 'oh, he tried to close the camp but
> Congress would not let him' – is simply a deceitful tactic Democrats have
> concocted to justify their total silence about a grave injustice they once
> pretended to find so appalling and their raucous swooning for a president
> who supports it.
> >
> > "There is, however, one one significant difference in this regard
> between Bush's and Obama's policies. Whereas Bush preferred to detain
> people without due process or judicial review, Obama simply kills them..."
> >

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/11/guantanamo-prisoner-death-democrats

brook celeste
emailbrook at gmail.com
845-594-9065