[Peace-discuss] Jimmy Dore takes on virtue-signaling Dems and class politics

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Wed Aug 26 23:15:07 UTC 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-cPaxvkbs8 -- (39m 08s) Jimmy Dore and other Twitter
users respond to virtue-signaling corporate-compatible comic Dana Gould as Gould
stumps for Joe Biden (including red baiting Tulsi Gabbard). Gould was subsequently
challenged on the facts and then Gould unpublished many of his tweets in this thread.

This is another example of multiple themes from Dore all of which fall on class
lines, not being tripped up in distractions of 'intersectionalism' or race
comparisons of who has it worst. The live show in which this was featured yesterday
included discussion about Dore's poor choice of language when describing people he
doesn't like (specifically "pussies" instead of "wimps" and "cocksuckers" instead of
"sycophants"). Dore and his wife/co-host Stef Zamorano admit that his use of those
terms are poor choices and make no sense for Dore specifically because he likes
heterosexual sex.

But the issues that affect the most people remains the same: class politics and the
horrors of impoverishment.

The Democrats offer voters no reason to vote for the Biden/Harris campaign because
the Democrats offer no policies that distinguish their party from the Republicans.
Both support: no Medicare for All, no universal basic income, no national jobs
program, the ongoing Drug War, immigrant detention which includes locking up kids in
cages, and both of their party standards bearers have ugly histories with women to
name a few examples. Biden also voted for the 2003 US/UK-led invasion of Iraq and he
rallied other senators to do the same, and Biden wrote the crime bill that railroaded
blacks into prison (Harris also strongly supports prison slave labor; ask yourself
who is fighting those California fires now[1]).

Democrats offer up Biden because Democratic party bosses don't care if they lose. In
other words, Trump is doing a sufficiently good job supporting neolib/neocon
interests which means that the Democrats can afford to offer someone who is
essentially only an insurance plan in case Trump loses an election that is his to lose.

Since Biden/Harris offers nothing to the people he is asking to vote for him, he's
basically running on not being Donald Trump. In terms of the things that change
people's lives (policies), Biden has told his wealthy donors that he plans to carry
out the same policies Trump did[2]. The whole "Biden isn't Trump" campaign the
Democrats are waging is devoid of any reason to motivate registered voters to vote
for US President, the same as what happened in 2016 when the largest bloc of
registered voters were those who did not vote for POTUS.

Consider rapper Ice Cube's critique of the Democratic Party in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv-FcLJUUkQ
> Ice Cube: The way it look, they [the Democrats] don't have a plan. Everybody's,
> you know, talking about 'get Trump out, get Trump out, get Trump out' if you vote.
> That's gonna happen on the first day. So now what? Trump out, now what? What? What
> do we get in the first hundred days? That's what we're trying to figure out. What
> do we actually get that they could give us overnight? Like [snaps his fingers]
> that they just pulled $3T out their ass and gave it to their friends. That's
> American taxpayer money. That's your money that they just gave away, and then
> there's half, 42% of black businesses closing. None of that money-- where's our
> fucking bailout? [...]

Of course you won't find that bailout for any poor people or small businesses. As
Democratic Party speaker Nancy Pelosi told CNN's Jake Tapper who asked a comparable
question (only once, he knows where his paycheck comes from), "Calm down!" and then
promised further 'stimulus' bills ostensibly to help the 99% not long before going on
vacation. Those bills have yet to materialize or bear money for most people.

[1] Establishment media outlet New York Times in
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/22/us/california-wildfires-prisoners.html tells us
"Coronavirus limits California's efforts to fight fires with prison labor" and "Early
releases of prisoners to protect them from the virus have depleted the ranks fo an
inmate firefighting program that some say should be abolished anyway." and FAIR notes
in
https://fair.org/home/us-media-cant-think-how-to-fight-fires-without-1-an-hour-prison-labor/
that "US Media Can’t Think How to Fight Fires Without $1-an-Hour Prison Labor" and
"The only quote the New York Times (8/22/20) uses from a critic of the inmate
firefighting program is a  union leader who suggests that prisoners are too scary to
be used to fight fires."

FAIR continued:
> One expert critic they might have consulted is Rasheed Lockheart, a formerly
> incarcerated California resident who for the last two years before his release
> from San Quentin Prison worked for the San Quentin Fire Department as a lead
> engineer on a fire engine, and as the lead on an ambulance crew. Lockheart, who
> works with Planting Justice, a group that promotes food justice for people
> transitioning from prison, says using incarcerated workers to fight fires isn’t
> the problem — it’s not paying them a decent wage to do so.
>
> “I don’t want to abolish the fire camps,” says Lockheart. But, he says, if
> prisoners are putting their lives on the line alongside fellow firefighters, “we
> should get equal pay, we shouldn’t be making a dollar an hour — I mean, there’s
> jobs inside the prison that get paid more than they get paid to be out there
> risking their lives.”

[2]
https://www.salon.com/2019/06/19/joe-biden-to-rich-donors-nothing-would-fundamentally-change-if-hes-elected/
are among the establishment media reports covering this.