[Peace-discuss] Robert Fisk (12 July 1946 – 30 October 2020) has died

Mildred O'brien moboct1 at aim.com
Wed Nov 4 04:58:36 UTC 2020

Misericordia. A great loss, one of my favorite journalists whose brilliant reporting from some of the world's worst conflicts was largely ignored in this neck of the world (although he presented seminars in our vicinity in the recent past somewhere in the  Midwest, possibly Millikin Univ.?) but was disparaged by some in U.K., his birthland.  As a pacifist he chose the strange occupation of war correspondent, reporting from troubled locations in Ulster to Beirut and the Orient, Afghanistan and Iraq, providing insight on the tragic effects of war on the victims. It is providential that he spent his last days peacefully in the nation of his chosen citizenship, Eire, and was spared the tragic explosion that destroyed much of his beloved Beirut, which he called home for so many years.  R.I.P. Robert Fisk.
Midge
Midge