[Peace-discuss] More on "What's Wrong with YouTube" and viable means of getting the videos either downloaded or viewing on the web

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Oct 2 00:37:23 UTC 2020

I wrote:
> I'm not always able to get the acTVism posts from YouTube (I'm not
> sure why), so I let an Invidious service try. Feel free to substitute
> "youtube.com" for "invidious.snopyta.org" (or your preferred
> Invidious service's host) in the Invidious URLs.

See https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/whats-wrong-with-youtube.html for a
good reference to "What's Wrong with YouTube" (the name of the
article).

I recommend youtube-dl (ytdl) if you're savvy on the command-line,
Invidious otherwise.

See https://github.com/iv-org/invidious/wiki/Invidious-Instances for a
list of public instances of Invidious, websites where you can look up
YouTube videos without running any Javascript (thus no fear of running
non-free software).