[Peace-discuss] Russiagate: Navalny bullshit put into perspective courtesy of The Grayzone

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Sep 25 00:25:45 UTC 2020

Establishment media, like the BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-16057045
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54002880
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54061370
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54189573

repeat the claim:
> His [Navalny's] team allege he was poisoned on the orders of Russian President
> Vladimir Putin, who denies any involvement.
and tell the tale of what happened to Alexi Navalny in such a way that you can see
the BBC buys the Russiagate narrative -- the BBC never tells you that Navalny is
quite unpopular in Russia (he has around a 2% approval rating, according to Ben
Norton in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ow9-w8nvJM at 10m05s). So why would Putin
need to harm or kill him? Why make him politically stronger than before and certainly
more well known than ever before, thus making him more of a political threat than before?

The BBC apparently buys the idea that what members of Navalny's team collected from
Navalny's Omsk hotel room was "evidence":
> The video posted on Mr Navalny's Instagram account shows members of his team in a
> hotel room in the Siberian city of Tomsk after news of his poisoning emerged.
>
> The post says they were there to gather potential evidence from the hotel to send
> to Mr Navalny's medical team in Germany because they did not trust the Russian
> authorities.

This is reminiscent of the Clinton email server scandal where establishment media
outlets and pundits called an image (or copy) of Hillary Clinton's email server
provided by hired agency CrowdStrike "evidence". The FBI treated that ostensible copy
of server data (we'll never know how well that image represented server data because
the Clinton team destroyed the server) as evidence. The FBI never took custody of the
physical server as they'd normally do. But that doesn't make the FBI's decision
correct, nor does it make establishment media's view of that image data correct.
CrowdStrike should be identified as what they are -- a team hired by and working with
Mrs. Clinton's group, a party with an axe to grind. But, hey, if that scam worked
with the establishment media perhaps it will work again in the Navalny case.

Establishment comedy news is so eager to ignore facts and logic, it becomes easier to
put together a hamfisted satire that gets to the points of the Navalny case and show
this case as just another chapter of the ongoing saga colloquially called
"Russiagate". Now, the Grayzone is getting in on the act:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyAom8aDgGo -- "Explosive leaked phone call exposes
Putin's hand in poisonings, chemical attacks, Taliban bounties": Navalny, Skripal,
Assad, Afghan "bounties", black Americans in the street protesting all coordinated by
Putin himself; it's all in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ow9-w8nvJM -- A serious interview episode of
"Moderate Rebels" where Norton and Max Blumenthal interview Bryan Macdonald (the
aforementioned comedy piece runs in this too).

I plan on listing the second video above in the recommended videos because
Blumenthal's summary of events is informative, and because good points and good
questions are asked throughout. You won't find much in media that covers this ongoing
Navalny case which asks the right questions and makes the right connections to the
German/Russian pipeline. Recently an RT interview raised a similar point (echoed in
the above interview) -- Kim Jong Un's brother-in-law was reported to have been killed
with a toxin less lethal than any from the Novichok group of toxins. Yet somehow only
one person has died from what was alleged to be one of the Novichok poisons (and
there's good reason to doubt how Dawn Sterling actually died and what condition she
was in when she was poisoned). So many ordinary people have had so much contact with
these Novichok poisons and not died.

-J