[Peace-discuss] My nightmare scenario for Trump's Last Stand

Mildred O'brien moboct1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 2 20:27:30 UTC 2021

Towit:
As a last-ditch effort to save his skin (mayhem by Congress on Jan 6 having failed), Trump will resign the presidency (ouch!) on January 19 to allow V.P. Pence to succeed him as president in order to execute a full pardon for Trump, as per precedent established by a former president, thus eliminating the danger of a self-pardon being overturned in the courts.
Midge
P.S. I confess this is not my original idea but one borrowed from #37, Richard M. Nixon (hope it's doesn't give Trump ideas)