[Peace-discuss] In defense of proper priorities and against virtue signalling: "foul language" is less important than fighting for Medicare for All and fighting against war

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sun Jan 3 02:44:34 UTC 2021

David Green wrote:
> It's an interesting development that Jeffrey St. Clair of Counterpunch
> despises Dore. Unfortunately consistent with CP becoming an ideologically
> lousy website, exposed by Trump era derangement.

That's really sad; I remember when CP was much better and Jeffrey St. Clair's
politics were properly ordered -- not being distracted by personalities and focusing
more on issues instead.

Is that shift funding-related? Is CP looking for funding from some outlet like the
Ford Foundation (which funds Democracy Now and helps explain its sharp shift from
exposing war motivations and debunking neocon lies to promoting war and repeating
neocon lies[1]) or some other neolib/neocon-friendly source so that CP can continue?

[1] See Russiagate coverage and alleged Douma "gas attack" coverage as a couple of
examples. These happen to be among the chief reasons Aaron Maté cited for leaving
Democracy Now. He would go on to win an Izzy award for his Russiagate exposés and
Maté has said on Jimmy Dore's show that Dore called out the Douma scam before Maté did.