[Peace-discuss] "Breaking Points" with Krystal Ball & Saagar Enjeti repeat pro-war propaganda against China

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Oct 15 05:05:07 UTC 2021

Jackson Hinkle lays it out in
https://twitter.com/jacksonhinklle/status/1448721021020753938 and here's an excerpt
of his series of posts starting at the aforementioned URL:

> WOW: Breaking Points just did a 14min pro-war propaganda piece against China with
> @jacobhelberg who is a mouthpiece of the military industrial complex & imperialist
> western governments. Helberg is an adjunct fellow at @CSIS, which is funded
> heavily by the following entities ⬇️
>
> CSIS is a pro-war think tank propped up by companies such as Boeing, Exxon,
> Lockheed Martin, General Atomics, BP, Saudi Aramco, General Dynamics, Raytheon,
> BAE, General Electric, L3, JP Morgan, Citigroup, Gilead & far more. In other
> words, the who’s who of pro-war corporations.
>
> CSIS is also HEAVILY funded by governments such as Japan, Taiwan, the United
> States, UAE, Australia, South Korea, Turkey, Canada, the EU, the UK, & other
> western allies who by & large support the US’s pro-war agenda against China.
>
> Helberg is also co-chair of the Brookings Institution China Strategy Working
> Group & was a bundler for the failed Presidential campaign of Pete Buttigieg. From
> 2016 to 2020, Helberg led Google’s product policy efforts to combat
> “disinformation and foreign interference.” 🤡
>
> Surprisingly, @esaagar did not mention any of the aforementioned information to
> his & @krystalball’s audience — fundamental journalistic malpractice. Even more
> shocking were the claims Jacob made on the episode of Breaking Points, which
> received no push-back from Saagar. ⬇️
>
> Helberg openly supported the United States arming Taiwan, occupying Chinese land
> with US forces, training Taiwanese separatists, & advocated the US going to war
> with China if China ‘invades Taiwan.’ He also promoted the lie that China has
> recently “invaded Taiwan’s airspace.”
>
> Helberg also claimed the US should be deeply concerned over China potentially
> annexing the “COUNTRY of Taiwan,” despite the fact that Taiwan is not a country.
> Even the US, UK, & AUS do not recognize Taiwan as a country & observe there is but
> one China and Taiwan is part of China.
>
> Oddly enough, later in the interview Helberg acknowledges that Taiwan is NOT an
> independent country — directly contradicting his earlier pro-war lie surrounding
> “annexation of the democratic country of Taiwan.” Again, Saagar and his guest
> host did not challenge Helberg on this.
>
> The cherry on top was when Helberg made a final sales pitch on behalf of his
> pro-war sponsors, stating “the way to restore deterrence is by substantially
> bolstering the armament and defense apparatus of our allies.” This episode was a
> call to arms from the arms industry itself.
>
> Saagar and the Breaking Points crew should formally retract the lies that were
> bolstered by Helberg. It’s our duty as independent media to challenge the
> dangerous pro-war propaganda that has brainwashed the majority of the country
> into supporting a war against China.

A bit of history: Ball & Enjeti left The Hill's "Rising" morning news program which
is now hosted by establishment shill Ryan Grim and Kim Iversen. Iversen had an
independent YouTube channel and recently moved to Rising.

Regarding Breaking Points being independent: Ball & Enjeti said they'd run Breaking
Points independently (you need not go further than the first frame of
https://youtube.com/watch?v=GoVCb-Gsj68 to see that claim) but they apparently
repeat, not object to, the pro-war establishment.

According to https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gm2b6Xv-uz0 Ball & Enjeti
- said that they got 40,000 subscribers,
- said that they put their own money into Breaking Points,
- Enjeti said they "want to build this into a real thing -- we want to take on CNN,
Fox, and MSNBC. These people are ripping us apart."
- Ball said "Turns out, based on the response we saw yesterday, you guys hate
corporate media even more than we thought."