[Peace-discuss] An exchange

Boyle, Francis A fboyle at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 5 20:07:35 UTC 2022

  *   Mort et al: It was only 460 Kilometers from the US/NATO/Ukrainian-Nazis in Donbass to Stalingrad, which I have toured. The Sheer Genocidal Savagery of the Nazis there took my breath away. Fab.
  *   Stalingrad
  *   We got off the boat at the docks
  *   Walking into town I was asked
  *   Could I lay some flowers
  *   At the War Memorial
  *   On the Banks of the Volga?
  *
  *   Of course I said yes.
  *   Honored and pleased
  *   My Dad had fought the Japanese
  *   At Saipan, and  Tinian and Okinawa
  *
  *   The Nazis were not his war
  *   But We were All  Allies Together
  *   In the Noble Cause to Defeat Fascism
  *
  *   As I neared the Statue
  *   On the Banks of the Volga
  *   A young Komsomol Girl appeared
  *   All dressed in white
  *   carrying a wreath of roses
  *
  *   A band was playing
  *   Joyful, not somber, but subdued
  *   The Town Elders assembled
  *
  *   The sun was shining
  *   a most beautiful day
  *   On the Banks of the Volga
  *
  *   I lay  my   wreath of roses
  *   To the Defenders and Victims at Stalingrad
  *   And bowed my head in silent reflection
  *
  *   If the Soviets had not held at Stalingrad
  *   All Europe today would be speaking German
  *   And saluting: Heil Hitler!
  *
  *   Deutschland, Deutschland
  *   But not Uber Alles
  *   My Dad was smiling
  *   On the Banks of the Volga
  *   [cid:image001.jpg at 01D8309A.5B1E2A30]
  *
  *
  *
  *