[Peace-discuss] Russell Brand – Class Consciousness Project

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Tue Sep 26 02:48:15 UTC 2023

David Green pointed us to
https://classconsciousnessproject.blog/2023/09/20/russell-brand/ which is a very good
article on this. Consider this quote from that article:

> Now I am not here to hang Brand before his trial as the media and public opinion
> seems to have already done, but what we should ask is why now? Why, after ten
> years, has this just come out now? Why, if his perversions are such an open secret
> as the media will have you believe, has it only reached our ears this week in
> 2023, twenty years after the first allegation?
>
> The answer is that he has now become an irritant to the establishment. His YouTube
> show has popularised issues that the capitalist media is not allowed to cover and
> his fame gave him a wider audience than any other alternative media sources.

Glenn Greenwald's show tonight https://rumble.com/v3kql8m-system-update-show-150.html
is also highly recommendable and makes a number of good points, including the above.
Not only is the timing suspicious but consistent with the sex pest smears against
Julian Assange, and the purposeful failure to look into Tara Reade's accusation of
rape against Joe Biden.

Greenwald doesn't fall for the bait of reaching a conclusion on whether Brand did
what he's accused of (Greenwald was clear that he's reached no conclusion on that).
Even if Brand did what he's anonymously accused of doing that history wouldn't change
the veracity of what Brand has said about war, media lying, and other related issues
(such as what he said on today's episode of his show with Jimmy Dore).

Challenging war is serious business. War objectors with an audience continue to get
smeared in rumor-mongering media. Establishment-serving outlets quickly (in days)
withdraw money (such as ad revenue), and it's not clear that there's anything to do
but insist on principled argument for free speech and evidence-based counterargument
to the establishment narrative.