[Peace-discuss] Recent good Ukraine war background explainer and on Canada giving a WWII Nazi a standing ovation

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Sep 29 03:01:12 UTC 2023

The best explanation I've seen so far on Canada's recent standing ovation for a
98-year-old Ukrainian Nazi veteran Yaroslav Hunka is from Rachel Blevins:

Trudeau Bemoans 'Russian Propaganda' Amid Backlash for Celebrating Ukrainian Nazi Veteran
https://rumble.com/v3l5mda-trudeau-bemoans-russian-propaganda-amid-backlash-for-celebrating-ukrainian-.html

I thought that she might be a bit too lenient on Canada calling this an oversight but
then later she does state that Canada celebrated a Nazi until they saw that they
couldn't get away with it, which I think is what really happened (given the evidence
she presents -- the attached photo published by Theresa Hunka (Yaroslav's daughter)
with the caption "Dedo is waiting in the reception hall for Trudeau and Zelensky" and
the House Speaker Anthony Rota's introductory text which included "a Ukrainian hero,
a Canadian hero… who fought for Ukrainian independence against the Russians" in
WWII). PM Trudeau never apologized nor resigned; he tried to claim that parliament
was "unaware of the context" and later offered "parliament's unreserved apologies for
what happened on Friday" and then Rota resigned.

Aaron Maté asks an excellent question in his latest Substack essay
https://mate.substack.com/p/why-is-applauding-ukrainian-nazis -- "Why is applauding
Ukrainian Nazis a scandal, but not arming them?".

Also worth seeing or hearing is Jimmy Dore's address to the UN Security Council --
https://rumble.com/v3ljh02-jimmy-dore-addresses-un-security-council-full-video.html
as he covers what Western media won't, the full relevant history of our proxy war
against Russia via Ukraine.