[Peace-political] Re: [Peace] Letter from Tim Johnson

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Fri Oct 12 19:50:40 CDT 2001

At 10:12 AM 10/12/2001 -0500, Peter Miller wrote:

>The phone number for Tim Johnson's Champaign office is 403-4690.
>
>I received this letter in response to the Sep. 20 meeting with Matt Bisbee,
>Johnson's press secretary.  About 12 of us attended the meeting.  Please
>let me know if you'd like to see the statement we delivered.
>
>Would someone like to compose a response?
>
>-Peter

Peter, here's a short reponse you may use if you like:

**********

Dear Tim,

You're a liar and you're corrupt and you're compromised beyond all hope of
redemption.  We don't believe a single word you say.  You don't represent us
at all.  You and your pinhead bigbucks pals make us want to cry.  You're the
real terrorists.

Sincerely,

Your minority constituents who actually have brains and hearts

That's all I would know to say to Tim Johnson.  He's made it clear where he
stands, and apparently a majority of his constituents agree with him.  I
think attempting to dialogue with him and his ilk is a complete waste of
time.  Sorry to be so cynical.  I had a conversation with Tim Johnson in the
Champaign Steak and Shake earlier this year, documented in one of my
newspoems, which is all the dialogue I ever need to have with Tim Johnson.
One recognizes a rattlesnake by its rattle, and one does not shake its tail.

John