[Peace-political] The proposals

Peter Miller peterm at shout.net
Sat Sep 15 16:09:11 CDT 2001

Here are the list of "requests" I circulated on Tuesday.  It's obviously
rough, and if people have proposals for ways to strengthen the wording,
partiuclarly in 4-6, I'd appreciate hearing those suggestions. -Peter

We
1. encourage the US government to capture those responsible for the attacks
2. encourage all local residents to do everything possible to help hurt by
the attacks
3. discourage the US government from lashing back at suspected perpetrators
until due process of the law has been exercised
4. discourage the US government from infringing on the civil liberties of
any resident of the United States in its investigation and that the US
government disclose all cases when personal freedoms are denied in its
investigations
5. encourage the us government to engage in dialogue with non-governmental
organizations that promote the welfare of their populations and that work
to protect the environment
6. encourage the US government to respect the sovereignty of nations and
end efforts to elevate commercial privileges above civil, political, and
economic human rights and environmental protection.