[Peace-political] Revised and expanded statement

Lori Davis l-davis1 at ntx1.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 17 14:58:08 CDT 2001

I've been "lurking" as these proposals have been bounced around.  My work
usually happens on a one to one level so taking a broader political action
is new to me.  Be assured that even though I haven't responded to the
proposals regarding what to take to Tim Johnson's office, if I can make it,
I'll be there when a meeting is arranged.    Any word on that yet?

Thank you for taking the time to put this together.  I agree with what you
said, Peter, about being concise.  I think leaving off the "enhance
safety..." and "cease efforts..." statements at the end would make it even
more concise.  Those two statements seem to me to get into areas that need
to be addressed but seem to dilute some of the more basic messages of not
striking back compulsively.  Just my two cents!

Lori