[Peace] A Warning From Ellsberg and Chomsky

karen aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 01:16:57 UTC 2022

I agree 100% with what both Francis and Mort say about the madmen referred to in their statements.

I am not a fan of Jeffrey Sachs, though he is now saying the right things related to Covid and US war provocations with China and Russia. However he like Anatol Lieven of the Quincy Institute, when speaking as they have on DN recently, use language so as not to offend anyone, so as to leave open what is often seen as balance in relation to responsibility. Often this takes the form of ensuring Russia and/or China are partially responsible or are in some way responsible.

They must fear being seen as Putin supporters, or soft on Russia and China, they may refer to eight years of Putin attempting to use diplomacy or warning us, but again they waffle in relation to US intentions, and actions. Ellsberg was very clear in his book, "The Doomsday Machine,” and when speaking with Stephen F. Cohen in the past as to the egregiousness of US foreign policy, as he was when young. I don’t for a moment believe it’s due to old age, I assume he has been warned, like so many others, that they will be shut down if they are too emphatic as to culpability.

God forbid we offend anyone by being too emphatic over the potential for nuclear war, or the devastation wrought by climate change, and our corporate owned governments intent to support war and the destruction of humanity.