[Peace] upcoming events in solidarity with Gaza

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 22:28:38 UTC 2024

Dear Peace,
Sharing some upcoming events in solidarity with Gaza.
pace e bene (pronounced “pah-chay bay-nay” -- Italian for peace and all
good), Karen Medina

   - *EMERGENCY Demonstration FOR RAFAH on Friday 2/16/2024 at 6pm in
   Downtown Champaign (Neil & University). **People will likely start
   gathering between 5:30 and 5:45. Wear your keffiyehs, bring signs, the
   works!*

   - *Monday 2/19 at 7pm: Urbana City Council Meeting*
      - Hopefully you've got the drill down by now!
      - We need a strong presence at city council meetings to get the
      ceasefire resolution on the agenda and we can't just depend on the same
      15-20 people who have been attending weekly. *This must be a
      community effort.* We are looking for 20-25 people who can COMMIT to
      attending at least one meeting in the next 4 weeks.Sign up here:
      https://forms.gle/WtQ2YYaMJiAmYZmz5
      - Send written public input RIGHT NOW: bit.ly/emailurbana
      - I hope to see you there!
   - *Friday 2/23 at 10:30am: Protest*
      - Details to be announced BUT keep your schedule open 10:30 to 12:30
      if you can, this will be one you don't want to miss.
   - *Saturday 2/24 at 1pm: PSL panel on Black & Palestinian Solidarity *
      - Prairie Liberation Center on 44 E Main St, Champaign
      - Interactive panel workshop format.
   - *Early March: Palestine 101 Event*
   - Details to be announced
   - *Saturday 3/16 at 11-3: Palestine Open House @ CIMIC*
      - You’re invited to the Palestine Open House: Muslim History &
      Culture
      - At this event you will be introduced to the rich Muslim history of
      Palestine of over 1400 years as well as its place within the faith.
      Palestinian culture through food, artifacts, and clothing will also be
      shared.
      - Oh and if you’re interested you can download a black and white copy
      of this flyer to color in either digitally or print and share with others
      to help us spread the word. Grab flyer here: bit.ly/48dOZkL