[Peace] Friday 2/23/24 at 10:30am: Budzinski Press Conference & Demonstration

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 18:44:06 UTC 2024

*Dear Peace,*

   - *Friday 2/23/24 at 10:30am: Budzinski Press Conference & Demonstration
   by Muslim Action Committee and UC Jews for Ceasefire *

*Demonstration to Pressure Rep. Budzinksi to Co-Sponsor Ceasefire and Meet
with Families Who Have Lost Loved Ones in Gaza*

*Demonstration: *10:30am - 11:15am in downtown Champaign (corner of *Main
and Walnut Streets, Champaign*) then walk together to *44 E. Main,
Champaign* to continue the demonstration outside (this is the Lincoln Bldg.
where Rep. Budzinski has an office).

*We are demanding four things of Rep. Budzinski:*
1) Sign the US House of Representatives Ceasefire Resolution (
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-resolution/786). Numbers
of deaths will be updated for press conference
2) Publicly call for and help facilitate the sending of humanitarian aid
into Gaza
3) Stop US military aid to Israel now
4) Meet in-person with Arab, Muslim and Palestinian constituents who have
lost loved ones in Gaza

*Press Conference: *11:00am featuring statements from representatives from
Muslim Action Committee, UC Jews for Ceasefire and Unitarian Universalist
Church of Urbana Champaign.

*Materials handed off to Rep. Budzinski's staffers by one representative
from MAC, UC Jews for Ceasefire, UUCUC* will climb the stairs to her office
and deliver our demands and materials to her staffers

*SIGNS:*
We would appreciate signs that mention Rep. Budzinski and our four demands

In peace and solidarity,
[forwarded from several groups in CU]