[Radical-cheerleaders] TBTN cheer approval

Zoe S. zoespice66 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 10:35:29 CST 2005

possible TBTN cheers:
aside from the usual like radical or resist and ones we might do on the
march here are some TBTN specific ones. tell me which ones you guys like so
i can send them to her:

i really like this one cause it's long and we can teach the crowd the
chorus:

Take Back the Night
sent by Anita in Chi-town
SHHH...
Is that spelled with 3 snakes or 4?
We're gonna take it no more!
Enough is Enough (clap while saying this)
Cunts must rise up!
We will... fight back!
we will.... attack!

We're taking back the power
you can't keep us down
You won't last for long
'cause here's what will go down!
We're gonna tear down the walls
and reclaim our streets
we don't need no violence
let's get on our feet!
Reclaim the streets!

(Chorus)
Grrrls fight back! we're gonna take it back!
Grrrls fight back! we're gonna take it back!

take back our bodies, take back our lives
stop the self-hate and the beauty myth lies!
(Chorus)

fight for our sisters, fight for our streets
kick out the rapists and the sexism sleaze!

Take back the night
It is our right
Our right for safe streets!
Our right for safety!
Stop the rapists, stop date rape
stop the violence and the hate
Take back the night
Its time to fight
Fight for survival!
Stop the denial!
Stop the hatred, stop self-hate
Stop oppression, it ain't fate!

No means no
it don't mean maybe
don't touch me
my name ain't baby! (repeat lots)

Hey mister mister
get your hands off my sister (repeat as well)

date rape-- by mala and tiger from nyc

i went to a *purchase* party and i didn't really think
how i didn't know this boy who was handing me a drink
we drank and we smoked and we drank some more
when he asked me to his room, he was looking to score
we started making out and he took of my shirt
i wasn't sure i wanted this, but what could it hurt?
he unbuttoned my pants and said i made him hot
he was clearly excited, but i was not
i told him to slow down and he said i was a tease
when i tried to leave the room he pushed me down on my knees
DATE RAPE! it don't matter how much i was drinking
DATE RAPE! i don't know what he was thinking
he'll tell his friends i lied or that i was asking for it
cause if you flaunt a female body you're a target for it
DATE RAPE! no means no and that's the bottom line
if it's yr boyfriend or yr girlfriend it's still the same crime
cause rape ain't about sex
it's about power and control
grrrls, speak out and reclaim what they stole!