[rfu-automation] Re: No consensus on moving the automation computer into the studio this weekend

John Anderson phlegm at diymedia.net
Sat Jul 1 02:47:26 CDT 2006

Wow. That is the most f*cked-up interpretation of consensus I've
encountered yet.

You've picked an opportune time to raise objections that were hashed
out, repeatedly, on e-mail and in meetings. At every stage you've had
the chance to block, ask for mediation to find compromise, all sorts
of alternatives.

I thought we'd reached such a compromise by agreeing to set up a
production-room terminal for you to maintain the automation program.
Just because that cannot be done at the exact same time as the
automation computer itself is moved into the studio should not force
changes to the rest of the project. The terminal install will happen,
most likely when Dan gets back from California, where I understand
his stay has been temporarily extended.

However, given the way things work around the IMC, you'll get your
way, because I'm not about to come to blows over all of this. So, I
guess when I go to unplug the machine and move it into the studio,
you can physically block the door, and your words will be law.

Congratulations. It's been great working with you.

-John

John Anderson: DIYmedia
http://www.diymedia.net