[rfu-automation] iTunes in studio

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 18 00:35:28 CDT 2006

Lynsee:

I don't know about what might have happened to iTunes on the studio computer
as I have been in China for the last week or so.

However, your question got me thinking about why we would  want to rip CDs
on two different machines: on the studio computer and automation computer.
Anything on the automation computer should be availbable to the studio
computer. So why would you want to rip CDs onto the studio computer?  Is it
because it is non-local music that you want to play for a show and that
would not be part of the automation playlist?

iTunes could be easily put back on the studio machine if it disappeared. It
should also be able to find your files if they are still there.

--Gary

On 7/18/06, Lynsee Melchi <lynseemelchi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all
>
> What happened to the iTunes on the studio computer?  I had burned a few
> CDs into there awhile back and now it appears that only the iTunes info from
> the automation computer is in the studio.
>
> Lynsee
>
> --
> Tune in to More Fire! on Radio Free Urbana 104.5FM.  More Fire! is a crazy
> music extravaganza on Monday nights 11pm-1am (or later).  Check us out
> online at: www.wrfu.net .

Gary Cziko
Professor
Educational Psychology & English as an International Language
University of Illinois
1310 S. Sixth Street
210F Education Building
Champaign, IL 61820-6990
USA

Telephone +1-217-333-8527
Fax: +1-217-244-7620
e-mail: g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Web: http://garycziko.net
Skype: garyjazz (http://www.skype.com)
Google Talk: gcziko
Amateur Radio: N9MJZ (IRLP 4280; EchoLink 8231);

Founder, Station Manager, Program Director, Chief Engineer and Announcer
The Latino Radio Service of La Casa Cultural Latina
1660 AM on the Urbana-Champaign campus of the University of Illinois
(http://latinoradioservice.org)

Founder and Major Contributor
ATALL Wikibook for
Autonomous Technology-Assisted Language Learning
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ATALL)