[RFU] Re: [rfu-automation] Public Service Announcement

Ken Urban KUrban at parkland.edu
Tue Jun 12 16:43:46 CDT 2007

Hey Noel,

Looks like no one else is going to do this so I'll jump in.  Can you
describe what was set up (or what you need on the website)

We can take this off list.

Ken

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246

>>> "Noel L. Vivar" <nlvivar at gmail.com> 6/9/2007 2:12 PM >>>
I would very much like to add this into our PSA webpages; however, I
still
do not have permissions to do so when I log into the WRFU webpage.

In addition, if we want me to recreate those pages that I made before
the
webpage went down, I will need two more pages made. The way we had it
set up
before, we had (1) a general PSA page which linked to (2) a current PSA
page
and to (3) a PSA archive page.

I have sent about 7 requests for this since the webpage went down, and
this
will be the last. I know that our tech guys are probably overworked as
they
always will, and I thank them for all that they do. Unfortunately, I
was
hoping to work on getting our PSA pages back up so that I can stay
active
with WRFU while I am out of town over the summer. There have been a
number
of PSAs that have come through since the webpage went down (probably 7
total
since I usually repeat my request when there's a PSA submitted), but I
have
not been able to do anything about it.

I have asked before, but I'll ask again: Can someone please bring this
up at
the next general body meeting? Since I'm out of town, I can't bring it
up.
Again, I have brought this up at the last few general body meetings
that I
have attended, but we haven't made any action items from it.

I'm sorry that this email probably is a  bit terse, but it's
frustrating for
me to see all these PSAs go by, and I can't do anything about them.

thanks. -Noel

On 6/7/07, Jen Tayabji <tayabji at shout.net> wrote:

> PSA attached as pdf.
>
> Thanks,
> Jen Tayabji

> Rev. Jen Tayabji, Executive Director and Campus Minister
> Illinois Disciples Foundation (IDF)
> W: (217) 352-8721 | C: (217) 840-8248
> http://www.prairienet.org/idf
>
> "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
> matter."
>   --Martin Luther King, Jr.
>
> "If we remember those times and places‹and there are so many‹where
people
> have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at
least
> the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a
different
> direction. And if we do act, in however small a way, we don't have to
wait
> for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession
of
> presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in
> defiance
> of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory."
>   --Howard Zinn

Noel L. Vivar
505 E. Clark, Apt. 24
Champaign, IL 61820-4420