[rfu-automation] Re: PSA on the Sustainability fee referendum

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 00:17:48 CST 2007

What I remember from the original training I got from John Anderson is
that you can offer people information as long as you don't say
anything that is telling people what to do, such as "Go and vote for
the $5 Sustainability fee." The text of the PSA seems to pass this
test.
Also I believe that a referenda is different than a campaign for an
individual, in which the rule is that you can ask them to be on the
radio but they cannot ask you. If they do that, you have to offer all
the candidates equal time. Barbara Kessel