[rfu-automation] imcfest psa

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Sat Oct 27 15:11:53 CDT 2007

All:

A PSA about the upcoming IMC Fest was placed in the automation system to
play at 35 minutes past the hour.

The even was set to "high priority" which meant that it played regardless of
what was currently being played by the automation system. This interrupted
the international news from the World Radio Network that we broadcast in the
early morning and the Radio Bilingüe programs we broadcast weekday
afternoons. The automation system would play the PSA and then go  to the
music playlist.

The avoid this, PSAs should be set to "low priority." At "low priority" the
PSA will not play during non-music automated programming but will play
whenever the automation system is playing from the music playlist. I changed
the priority to low this afternoon.

Let me know if there are any questions or concerns about this.

--Gary

--
"I can't understand why people are afraid of new ideas. I'm afraid of old
ideas." - John Cage