[rfu-automation] PSAs for Community Shares - try #2

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 26 04:49:41 CST 2008

Danielle:

I would normally be able to set this up, but for the last week or so I have
been unable to access the automation computer via Putty and Remote Desktop
from Chile, where I am now and will be living until the end of July.

I have sent a message to Dan about this and I suppose it is related the
recent Internet connectivity problem at the IMC. I will let you and Anna
know when I regain access and can set up the PSA.

--Gary

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 1:40 AM, Danielle Chynoweth <chyn at ojctech.com>
wrote:

> Ever watch your e-mail disappear and mysteriously be sent without any
> input from you?  Well, that's what just happened.  Sorry for the half email.
>  Okay take #2.  Ah em ...
> Dear WRFU Automation team -
>
> Anna and I have recorded 2 Community Shares PSAs for the automation system
> for WRFU.
> Share a Meal PSA needs to run as often as possible until March 11.
> Community Shares PSA is an evergreen and can just keep running (often is
> good).
>
> By running these PSAs (and tracking how often we run them) we earn points
> through CS that translate into thousands of dollars for the IMC - to keep
> the lights on and pay the bills.
>
> Please download these and put in the automation machine:
>
> http://che.ojctech.com/~chyn/public/WRFU/<http://che.ojctech.com/%7Echyn/public/WRFU/>
>
> Please then e-mail Anna and me (cced above) to tell us that happened and
> tell us how often they will run - an good estimate is fine.  Then Anna will
> tell CS and they will write us a check every quarter.
>
> This is EASY and ESSENTIAL fundraising that we tried to no avail to get
> down over a year ago.  So please please don't delete or ignore this.  Did I
> mention EASY MONEY?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Danielle

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."--Albert
Einstein
Gary Cziko
Professor Emeritus
Educational Psychology & English as an International Language
University of Illinois
1310 S. Sixth Street
210F Education Building
Champaign, IL 61820-6990
USA

Telephone +1-217-333-8527
Fax: +1-217-244-7620
e-mail: g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Web: http://garycziko.net
Skype: garyjazz (http://www.skype.com)
Google Talk: gcziko
Amateur Radio: N9MJZ

Founder, Station Manager, Program Director, Chief Engineer and Announcer
The Latino Radio Service of La Casa Cultural Latina
1660 AM on the Urbana-Champaign campus of the University of Illinois
(http://latinoradioservice.org)

Founder and Major Contributor
ATALL Wikibook for
Autonomous Technology-Assisted Language Learning
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ATALL)