[rfu-automation] PSA length

Noel L. Vivar nlvivar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:45:20 CDT 2008

To be brief, I'm not sure.

I think PSAs usually come in 30 seconds to 1 minute. Actually, I think
that there are a stack of CDs in the station studio that have recorded
PSAs on there from organizations like the Ad Council, FDA, etc.

Actually, now that you mention it, I do remember that some PSAs on the
automation do get cut off. I'm not sure why. I would hypothesize that
it may be due to over-zealous overlap of the track playing and the
next track to minimize dead air. I would also think that it's not a
function of PSA length, but a function of ZaraRadio's settings, but
I'm not sure. I'm not sure how ZaraRadio queues the next track.

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Stephen Fonzo <fonzo.stephen at gmail.com> wrote:
> There has been more interest in written and recorded PSAs lately, and I have
> two simple questions so I know how to answer these request on behalf of
> WRFU/IMC Production:
>
> What is the ideal length for recorded PSAs?
> If I need to record a PSA that is longer than 30 seconds, is it alright to
> set it in automation to play at full length?
>
> When listening to the station, I have heard PSAs and station IDs
> (especially) get cut off by songs running in the automation, and I would
> like to avoid that.
>
> Stephen Fonzo

Noel L. Vivar
505 E. Clark St., Apt. 24