[RFU] Re: [rfu-automation] PSA length

Marti Wilkinson martiwilki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 17:39:52 CDT 2008

When I did ad insertion for Cable Televsion the commercials needed to come
in at a precise time. Otherwise the system was set up to cut off the spots.
One of the biggest challenges I faced was dealing with commercials where the
audio came from radio ads. For whatever reason it seemed like Radio Stations
never considered keeping spots to a specific time length. The standard
defaults for spot lengths in many software insertion programs are :15 :30 or
:60 and the default length for commercial breaks can range from :60 to 1:20.
I'm not familiar with the programming software for WRFU but I would check
it's settings and make absolutely sure that PSA announcements stick to time
limits.

My suggestion for a :30 spot would be to default to 29.5 seconds of audio
and that may help with cut off.