[rfu-automation] Re: [RFU] Question about thanking donors

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 5 11:01:14 CDT 2009

Lori has the gist of it. I would add that it's best to avoid any
specific mention of prices or particular sale dates, etc, as these tend
to slide into the "call to action" prohibition.

Two additional thoughts...

It would be good to have some sort of guidelines for how many times an
underwriting announcement will be made for X donation to the IMC or RFU.
I do know that RFU has a policy already developed on underwriting, which
has seen little use so far. There may be some more specific guidance in
it on this and other points, as it was adopted after extensive research
and discussion. Ray knows more about this than anyone else at the station.

Finally, since we've really not specifically promoted underwriting on a
station-wide basis, I have a suggestion. We should do the underwriting
announcement, then tag on something like:

"To learn more about how your (biz, org, or group) can support community
radio through underwriting, contact (X) at WRFU..." or something to that
effect.

That could pull in others who may be interested in doing underwriting.
Mike Lehman